Wednesday, April 13, 2011

ESL (Bloom's taxonomy)

1. Knowledge 

I would like to choose Ponyboy as who has the qualities of a hero because he was the main character of “The Outsiders” and after I heard about his background information, I surely believed that he could be enough to be a hero in this story. In addition, he tried to save kids with Dally and Johnny from the fire. Unfortunately, his friends died, he tried to stay gold and decided to go high school for his studying. Furthermore, he supposed to be a hero in this story.

2. Comprehension

1. Ponyboy begins the story with his talking about his friends and his background information such as his parents died of car crash.
2. Ponyboy and friends went to theater and met Cherry and Marcia, who were on the Socs. à Ponyboy and Cherry became close and they walked to Cherry’s house together. While they were walking, they met Socs and Ponyboy let Cherry going to them. Ponyboy came home late because he fell asleep on the vacant lot. When he got to home, Darry hit him and Ponyboy went out from the house.
3.After Ponyboy went out from the house, he straightly went to vacant lot to get Johnny and they went to the park. Unfortunately, they met Socs and Johnny killed Bob because their friends were drowned Ponyboy into the fountain.
4.Ponyboy and Johnny went to Dally’s house to get help and he suggested them to go to church, which located in other city.
5.After they arrived in the church, they started to live, however, few days later when Dally visited, there was a big fire, which made Johnny and Dally injured while they were saving kids from the fire.
6.Ponyboy became hero and his friends, Dally and Johnny sent to hospital. Fortunately, Dally healed well, however, Johnny wasn’t able to be healthy again. Finally, Johnny died and Dally was so depressed with Johnny’s death.
7.Few days later, Dally decided to rob grocery store to die by police. He tried to do these things because he was too sad that Johnny died. Suddenly, there were 3 loud sound of gun, which aimed to Dally and he died.
8.After two of best friends died, Ponyboy decided to go to high school for his studying and he read the letter from Johnny, which was written before Johnny died.

3. Application

Johnny murdered Bob in the fountain. If me, I would like to run away from fountain as fast as I possible and ask advice from my closest friend as Dally. As I know that police will catch me, if I’m staying in one place for a long time. So I will try to go to hometown or urban to avoid from police and to get safe place to stay for a long time. I would like to decide not to come to home and not to contact with my family or friends that it has possibility to police using GPS system. If I have emergency problem, I would like to use public phone not to tracking by GPS system. When I become really tired or have difficulty to keep away from police, I will confess to police that I killed that person accidently not purposely.

4. Analyze

Characters Name

·      Darry

Physical characteristics

·      Athletic
·      Strong
·      Physically fit

Personality

·      Gorgeous
·      Very serious

Major challenges/problems

·      Darry hit Ponyboy because he was really angry that Ponyboy came home late.
·      Darry was only who cares and love Ponyboy.
·      Darry fought with Socs as representative from Greasers.

5. Synthesis

1. Greaser friends; I created my title as Greaser friends because Greasers are really close each other and their friendship is strong.

2. Autography of Ponyboy; I created my title as Autography of Ponyboy because main character of “The Outsiders” is Ponyboy and there were many serious situations, which related to Ponyboy such as Johnny’s homicide and two best friends died.

3. Ponyboy, Johnny and Dally; I created my title as Ponyboy, Johnny and Dally because they were Ponyboy’s best friends and they shared their story deeply and nicely.

6. Evaluation

 I would like to spend my time with Ponyboy because he is same age as me and I have many stories to share with him and want to get some advices from him. I want to watch movie with him because he likes to watch movies and want to introduce my friends to him that makes him not sad anymore of Johnny and Dally’s death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment